Sending eBooks to your Google Drive
Google Drive is a cloud-based file system. It allows you to share files between all your computers, tablets, and smartphones. You create a free Google account, and then download the Drive software for each of your devices. This will then set up a shared folder structure. Adding a file to that shared structure on any device will make it available on all devices. (You can also access you content via the web_
You can also authorize us to send ebooks into your Drive.
Once this is set up, every time you buy an ebook from us, and every time we subsequently update that book, it will be automatically delivered (in the format(s) you choose) to the
My Pragmatic Bookshelf folder in your Drive.
This is particularly convenient if you have an Android device—once an ePub file is in your Google Drive, you can access it via the Drive app. A single click opens it in the Google book reader app.
- Register our system with Dropbox:
- Edit your PragProg profile. Scroll down to Google Drive Settings, and click authorize us.
- That’ll take you to a page that explains what’s about to happen. If you’re not currently logged in to Google, you’ll be asked to. Click the button to give us access to your Drive..
- You’ll then return to your profile on our site.
- Use the checkboxes to select which eBook formats we should send to your Dropbox. You can always come back and change these settings. Remember to press the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
Once registered, all new orders, and any updates we generate to existing orders, will be automatically sent to your Drive. You can also send existing orders:
- Visit http://pragprog.com/my_bookshelf
- Click the Download eBook link for the title you want
- You’ll see a list of available formats. Click the one you want, and it will be downloaded to your computer
- Click the Send to Google Drive button.