A Peek at Computer Electronics (formerly Essential Electronics) now available in PDF
“A Peek at Computer Electronics: The Things You Should Know” is now available as a PDF book.
See pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/ctelec/ for all the details, excerpts, and more.
Are you a programmer or computer enthusiast? Do you feel comfortable with methods, functions, and variables? Do you wish you knew more about how the computer made it all work? Now you can. From basic electronics to advanced computer hardware, you’ll learn the magic behind the gear that makes it all run.
If you’re into tinkering, or ever thought about it, this book explains the basics of how it all works.
About the “Things You Should Know” Series
This series is a little different from our usual books. The “Things You Should Know” series highlights interesting topics in technology and science that you should know about. Maybe you took these courses in school, and promptly forgot about them. Or maybe you’ve always been curious but never had the opportunity to learn more.
Now you can. With these titles, you can quickly become familiar with (or remind yourself of) an interesting topic area. We hope it gives you something to talk about at the next cocktail party, or brown-bag lunch at work, or user’s group meeting. It might even further inspire you to delve into the topic more deeply.
In either case, we sincerely hope you enjoy the show.
About This Book
A lot of people are into Making their own technology these days, from 3D printers to home-made robots, Digital Video Records (DVRs), Media Centers, and more. But it you’re a computer programmer you might not know the ins and outs of the hardware side of these projects.
Caleb Tennis explains it all. From a quick look at basic physics (including fun with magnets) to electronic circuits, power supplies, and networking, you’ll see how it all works—and how to make it work for you.
- Crash course for software developers
- Covers physics, electronics, and modern computer hardware.
- All the basics the modern Maker needs
Available now from http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/ctelec/
- Pragmatic Unit Testing in C# with NUnit, 2nd Ed.
- GIS for Web Developers: Adding ‘Where’ to Your Web Applications
- Programming Erlang: Software for a Concurrent World
- The Definitive ANTLR Reference: Building Domain-Specific Languages
- Design Accessible Web Sites 36 Keys to Creating Content for All Platforms and Audiences (Beta)
- Release It! Design and Deploy Production-Ready Software
Enjoy, and thanks for your continued support!
Andy and Dave www.PragmaticProgrammer.com