Metaprogramming Ruby in beta
This week we’re proud to announce an important book for Rubyists: Metaprogramming Ruby. If you program in Ruby, these are the techniques you need to take your programming to the next level.
This book describes metaprogramming as an essential component of Ruby. Once you understand the principles of Ruby, including the object model, scopes, and eigenclasses, you’re on your way to applying metaprogramming both in your daily work and in your fun, after-hours projects.
Learning metaprogramming doesn’t have to be difficult or boring. By taking you on a Monday-through-Friday workweek adventure with a pair of programmers, Paolo Perrotta helps make mastering the art of metaprogramming both straightforward and entertaining.
The book is packed with:
- Pragmatic examples of metaprogramming in action, many of which come straight from popular libraries or frameworks, such as Rails.
- Programming challenges that let you experiment and play with some of the most fun, “out-there” metaprogramming concepts.
- Metaprogramming spells—32 practical recipes and idioms that you can study and apply right now, to write code that is sure to impress.
Whether you’re a Ruby apprentice on the path to mastering the language or a Ruby wiz in search of new tips, this book is for you.
Available now from pragprog.com/titles/ppmetr
- More Pragmatic Life titles
- Maybe another surprise or two
- ...and still more titles to keep you at the top of your game
- Security on Rails (beta)
- Programming Scala in print
- PragPub (monthly magazine)
- Debug It! (beta)
- iPhone SDK—new beta for 3.0
Thanks for your continued support,
Dave & Andy