Programming Groovy AND Groovy Recipes, now in Beta.
Have a Groovy New Year!
Have you decided on a new language to learn this year? If not, why not get Groovy?
Groovy brings you the best of both worlds: an agile, dynamic language that runs on the rich framework of the Java Platform. Groovy preserves Java semantics and extends the JDK to give you true dynamic language capabilities. Programming Groovy is a great starting point to help you learn and take advantage of the latest version of this rich dynamic language, so you can be a more productive Java Platform developer.
Learn Groovy for the New Year. Start here.
Groovy Recipes uses a “code first” approach to to speed up nearly every aspect of your development process. Want to do something in Groovy? Here’s the code: from mundane file management tasks like copying and renaming files, to reading and writing XML, to using modern programming features including closures, duck-typing, and metaprogramming.
You’ll also see how to use Grails from a basic website to REST, JSON, Atom, Podcasting, and much, much more.
Coming up Next
- Augmented Reality: A Practical Guide
- FXRuby: Create Lean and Mean GUIs with Ruby
- Rails for PHP Developers (Now in Beta)
- Design Accessible Web Sites: 36 Keys to Creating Content for All Audiences and Platforms
- GIS for Web Developers: Adding “Where” to your Web Applications
Andy & Dave