We’re very pleased to announce that “Prototype and script.aculo.us” by Christophe Porteneuve is now available in Beta, and will be in print this fall.
The Prototype and script.aculo.us libraries are veritable treasure troves, smoothing over all the usual nitty-gritty differences between browsers, and making most common features a breeze to implement. With this book, you can quickly wield the whole power of these extraordinary libraries.
When it comes to advanced UI features, script.aculo.us is every web developer’s dream come true: whether you need to create auto- completed text inputs, implement in-place editors, provide customized drag-and-drop behaviors, capture your users’ attention with visual effects or simply build DOM fragments more efficiently, it’s all there, and lightweight, too.
This book guides you through all the details of these features, letting you use many technologies on the server side, such as PHP, vanilla Ruby, and Ruby On Rails, in countless examples illustrating every aspect. Power users will also learn the design philosophies of the libraries, and how to contribute to them and augment them for their own needs.
- Manage It! Your Guide to Modern, Pragmatic Project Management
- GIS for Web Developers: Adding ‘Where’ to Your Web Applications
- Release It! Design and Deploy Production-Ready Software
- Programming Erlang: Software for a Concurrent World (Beta)
- TextMate: Power Editing for the Mac
- The Definitive ANTLR Reference: Building Domain-Specific Languages (Beta)
- Rails for Java Developers
Enjoy, and thanks for your continued support!
Andy and Dave www.PragmaticProgrammer.com