The Agile Samurai
May 12, 2010
Faced with a software project of epic proportions? Tired of over-committing and under-delivering? Agile methods not working out for you as well as you had hoped? Help is on the way.
Get ready to kick some software project butt with Jonathan Rasmusson’s The Agile Samurai: How Agile Masters Deliver Great Software.
Tell your friends! Tweet this
The Agile Samurai: How Agile Masters Deliver Great Software
Enter the world of the agile samurai, where the most dire of software project situations are dispatched with ease and grace. By learning the ways of the agile samurai you will discover:
- how to create plans and schedules your customer and your team can believe in
- what characteristics make a good agile team and how to form your own
- how to gather requirements in a fraction of the time using agile user stories
- what to do when you discover your schedule is wrong, and how to look like a pro correcting it
- how to execute fiercely by leveraging the power of the agile software engineering practices
By the end of this book you will know everything you need to set up, execute, and successfully deliver agile projects. If you’re a project lead, this book gives you the tools to set up and lead your agile project from start to finish. If you are an analyst, programmer, tester, usability designer, or project manager, this book gives you the insight and foundation necessary to become a valuable agile team member.
Packed with best practices, war stories, and hands-on tutorial exercises, The Agile Samurai slices away the fluff and theory that make other books un-agile. This book will make a difference.
Now in beta from pragprog.com/titles/jtrap
- Test-Drive ASP.NET MVC
- The Pragmatic Guide series
- Arduino: A Quick Start Guide
- Hello, Android 3rd Ed in print
- Using JRuby [in beta]
- Cocoa Programming [in print]
- Rails Test Prescriptions [in beta]
- Agile Web Development with Rails, 4th Edition [in beta]
Thanks for your continued support,
Dave & Andy