Just because life is too simple, we offer three ways of getting your content onto your iXxx device and into iBooks. In addition, you can also use other software to read books (such as the Kindle app and various epub readers). Here, we’ll assume you’re using iBooks, simply because, in our experience, it renders our books the best.
- Download from our site directly into iBooks. (This is probably the easiest way)
- Transfer books using Dropbox. (This is probably the best way, as you’ll automatically be sent updates)
- Transfer via your computer using iTunes
Download directly into iBooks
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, log in to our site. On the iPad, you’ll see our full site, while on the smaller-screen devices you’ll see a cut-down version.
- Visit Your Bookshelf, and follow the Download eBook link for the book you want to transfer.
- On the download page, select the epub download link. Once the download completes, your device will pop up a screen asking what to do with the file. Click the Open in iBooks button.
- After a few seconds, the book will open.
Transfer using Dropbox.
- If you haven’t already done so, set up a Dropbox account and authorize the Pragmatic Bookstore to access it.
- On your iXxx, download the free Dropbox app, and set it up with access to your Drropbox account.
- Any books already transfered to Dropbox will now be visible in your
Pragmatic Bookshelffolder in Dropbox. Click on an epub file. There’ll be a brief wait while Dropbox downloads it. It will then display a somewhat worrying screen, showing an Escher-like drawing of a box along with the message “Unable to view file”. Don’t panic—just click the share icon at the top-right of the page, and open the file in iBooks.
Transferring using iTunes.
You can download the epub versions of eBooks to your computer, then sync them onto your iPad using iTunes.
- To get the files onto your computer, you can either download from our site, or have them transferred to a Dropbox on your computer.
- Once downloaded, open iTunes and drag the ePub onto the Library section on its left-hand side. This will add the epub into iTunes.
- Plug in your iXxx, and sync the book across. (You have have to adjust your sync settings if you’ve previously told iTunes not to update content automatically)