Sending eBooks to Your Dropbox
Dropbox is a way of sharing a set of files between all your computers, tablets, and smartphones. You create a free Dropbox account, and then download the Dropbox software for each of your devices. This will then set up a shared folder structure. Adding a file to that shared structure on any device will make it available on all devices.
You can also authorize us to send ebooks into your Dropbox. Don’t worry—we deliberately sandbox our access, so we are only permitted to access the Pragmatic Bookshelf folder inside it.
Once this is set up, every time you buy an ebook from us, and every time we subsequently update that book, it will be automatically delivered (in the format(s) you choose) to your Dropbox.
- Create a Dropbox account if you don’t already have one. The basic account is free.
- Install the Dropbox client software on your computers and mobile devices—there are links at the bottom of the Dropbox home page. It’s free.
- Register our system with Dropbox:
- Edit your PragProg profile. Scroll down to Dropbox Settings, and click authorize us.
- That’ll take you to a page that explains what’s about to happen. Click the Authorize with Dropbox button.
- If you’re not currently logged in to Dropbox, you’ll be asked to. You’ll then return to your profile on our site.
- Use the checkboxes to select which eBook formats we should send to your Dropbox. You can always come back and change these settings. Remember to press the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
Once registered, all new orders, and any updates we generate to existing orders, will be automatically sent to your Dropbox. You can also send existing orders:
- Visit http://pragprog.com/my_bookshelf
- Click the Download eBook link for the title you want
- You’ll see a list of available formats. Click the one you want, and it will be downloaded to your computer
- Click the Send to Dropbox button.