Dart for Hipsters, 1.0
January 22, 2014
On this day in 1984 the Apple Macintosh was introduced to the world in a televised ad during Super Bowl XVIII, and the GUI and mouse revolution had begun.
Sometimes revolutions come with version numbers. The new web language Dart, for example, has been updated to version 1.0 (and now 1.1), and so has our book, Dart for Hipsters. It's possible that Dart is now for Hipsters and Everyone Else as well, Check it out, in print and shipping, at pragprog.com/book/csdart.
And did you know we have audio books? See below for details.
Dart for Hipsters
Dart 1.0 has arrived and Dart for Hipsters has you covered! Every chapter has been painstakingly reviewed and updated to work with the latest version of this exciting new language. But don't worry, the book still retains the quick dive approach to writing useful code starting on page 1. It also continues to explore the language by refactoring an application to make the most effective use of Dart's myriad of features: OOP, real libraries and packages, testing, and so much more! Along the way, we'll cover everything you need to know about writing beautiful, maintainable application code that just works™ in all modern browsers.
With the 1.0 release, it may be time to rename the book Dart for Hipsters and Everyone Else!
Now in print and shipping from pragprog.com/book/csdart. If you've already purchased this title, you'll receive these updates for free.
Did you know we've started producing audio books for your listening pleasure? The first few are now available and more are on the way.
- The Agile Samurai: How Agile Masters Deliver Great Software
- The Developer's Code: What Real Programmers Do
- Pomodoro Technique Illustrated: The Easy Way to Do More in Less Time
Upcoming Author Appearances
Don't Get Left Out
Are your friends jealous that you get these spiffy email newsletters and they don't? Clue them in that all they need to do is create an account on pragprog.com (email address and password is all it takes) and select the checkbox to receive newsletters.
Are you following us on Twitter and/or Facebook? Here's where you can find us and keep up with the latest news and commentary, and occasional discounts:
- Programming Sound with Pure Data: Make Your Apps Come Alive with Dynamic Audio, in print
- Functional Programming in Java: Harnessing the Power of Java 8 Lambda Expressions, in print
- iPad and iPhone Kung Fu: Tips, Tricks, Hints, and Hacks for iOS 7, in print
- Raspberry Pi: A Quick-Start Guide, in print
- Seven Web Frameworks in Seven Weeks
- Web Development with Clojure
- Grails 2: A Quick-Start Guide
- Crafting Rails 4 Applications
Thanks for your continued support,
Andy & Dave
The Pragmatic Programmers
Books • eBooks • PragPub Magazine • Audiobooks and Screencasts