Git, Groovy, FXRuby, and podcast.
Now that Spring Break is out of the way, it’s time to get down to some serious fun with Git, Groovy, and Ruby.
There’s a change in the air. High-profile projects such as the Linux Kernel, Mozilla, Gnome, and Ruby on Rails are now using Distributed Version Control Systems (DVCS) instead of the old stand-bys of CVS or Subversion.
Git is a modern, fast, DVCS. But understanding how it fits into your development can be a daunting task without an introduction to these new concepts. Whether you’re just starting out as a professional programmer or are an old hand, this book will teach you how to use Git in this new distributed world. We’ll be making this book available in Beta soon.
In the meantime, Programming Groovy: Dynamic Productivity for the Java Developer and FXRuby: Create Lean and Mean GUIs with Ruby are both back from the printers and now available in paperback and PDF.
Finally, FXRuby developer and author Lyle Johnson is interviewed in our latest Pragmatic Podcast, available at pragprog.com/podcasts and on iTunes.
Coming Up Next:
- Using MemCacheD
- Desktop GIS: Mapping the Planet with Open Source
- Web Design Techniques for Programmers
- Advanced Rails Recipes: 84 New Ways to Build Stunning Rails Apps
- Deploying Rails Applications: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Pragmatic Version Control using Git
- Getting Started with XQuery (New Friday!)
- Thoughtworks Anthology
- Pragmatic Thinking and Learning: Refactor your Wetware
- Mastering Dojo
- Core Animation for OS X
Thanks for your continued support,