November 14, 2012
Ready to make the world’s next killer app for the iPhone/iPad running iOS 6? We’ve got you covered with an updated iOS SDK Development, now in print and shipping from pragprog.com/book/adios.
Come and get it!
iOS SDK Development
iOS SDK Development is the second edition of the bestselling iPhone SDK Development, completely rewritten from the ground up to cover iOS 6’s new features. You’ll get hands-on experience working with Objective-C and Xcode 4 as you work through this tutorial-style book with two experienced iOS developers by your side. Along the way, you’ll learn the fundamentals of maintainable, performant iOS programming, including:
- Making apps that are internationalizable, testable, multi-core-capable, and that use less memory.
- Understanding the underlying concepts of touch event handling, drawing and animation, multi-core concurrency, and memory management with iOS’s Automatic Reference Counting.
- Developing user interfaces with Auto Layout that take advantage of the extra screen space on the iPhone 5.
- Creating and using unit tests to ensure your app continues to work as intended even as the codebase evolves.
- Working through Apple’s App Store processes, including preparing apps for submission, avoiding rejections, and understanding crash reports from end users.
Whether you’re a first-time iOS developer, or you’re looking to get up to speed with all the changes to Apple’s tools and frameworks, iOS SDK Development is the solid grounding you need to master this popular platform.
Now in print and shipping from pragprog.com/book/adios.
Don’t Get Left Out
Are your friends jealous that you get these spiffy email newsletters and they don’t? Clue them in that all they need to do is create an account on pragprog.com (email address and password is all it takes) and select the checkbox to receive newsletters.
Are you following us on Twitter and/or Facebook? Here’s where you can find us and keep up with the latest news and commentary, and occasional discounts.
- Outsource It! in print
- Mac Kung Fu, 2nd Ed. in print
- RubyMotion in beta
Thanks for your continued support,
Andy & Dave
Books • eBooks • Screencasts • PragPub Magazine