For those of you having trouble reading this email, this newsletter is available online at:
Episode 6: Adding Reflections and 3D Transformations
In this final episode, we’ll finish up the Cover Flow application by adding reflections to each of the photos and apply 3D transformations to the side photos. You’ll learn how to:
- add images and their masks to a reflection layer
- use Quartz drawing functions to create gradients for reflection masks
- rework the layout manager to properly handle 3D transformations
- apply 3D transformations and blur effects to images
- use a sublayer transformation to apply perspective transformations to the layer
Interview with Stripes author Frederic Daoud
In this interview by Pragmatic editor Jackie Carter, author Frederic Daoud explains what Stripes is, and why it’s a better Java web framework, featuring easy integration with other technologies including Hibernate, and why it’s vital if you’re creating applications that have to be multilingual.
Available from pragprog.com/podcasts and on iTunes.
- iPhone SDK Development—Earth to Apple, come in please…
- Web Design Techniques for Programmers
- Managing Websites with ExpressionEngine
- Debug It! Find, Repair, and Prevent Bugs
- Job Hunting in the Tech World
- Programming Scala
- ...and more!
- Enterprise Recipes with Ruby and Rails in Beta
- Scripted GUI Testing in print and shipping
- Stripes: ...and Java Web Development is Fun Again in Beta
- Ubuntu Kung Fu: Over 300 Tips, Tricks, Hints and Hacks in Beta
Thanks for your continued support,
Andy & Dave