This week we’ve got new screencast episodes for you, and a new podcast.
Michael J. Mangino on Facebook Applications
Susannah Pfalzer interviews Michael J. Mangino, author of Developing Facebook Platform Applications with Rails on our latest podcast (also available on iTunes). Mike describes how Facebook works, and talks about using facebooker for Ruby on Rails to provide helpers, handle authentication, and more.
Mike walks through developing an application in Facebook, describes the parts of Facebook, as well as messaging, testing, and engaging users. Find out about the magic 8-second rule and the key aspects of a successful Facebook application.
Two new episodes are available in the The Ruby Object Model and Metaprogramming series:
- Episode 4: instance_eval and class_eval
- Episode 5: Nine Examples
A new episode is available for Expression Engine:
- Episode 6: Building a Stand-Alone Entry Form (SAEF)
Erlang by Example
And a new episode is also available for Erlang By Example:
- Episode 4: Storing Messages in the Mnesia Database
Remember you can use your account on our website to hook up an RSS reader or manage your subscription to this mailing list.
- Mastering Dojo in print
- Web Design Techniques for Programmers
- Pragmatic Version Control using Git
- Scripted GUI Testing with Ruby
- Rails for .NET Developers
- Managing Websites with ExpressionEngine
- ...and more for Mac OS X and the iPhone
- Using memcached: How to scale your website easily
- Deploying Rails Applications: A Step by Step Guide
- Advanced Rails Recipes: 84 New Ways to Build Stunning Rails Apps
- Desktop GIS: Mapping the Planet with Open Source
- Agile Web Development with Rails, 3rd Ed.
Thanks for your continued support,
Andy & Dave