New podcast: Programming Groovy
This week, I’m pleased to report that Venkat Subramaniam, author of Programming Groovy: Dynamic Productivity for the Java Developer talks at length with Daniel Steinberg about coding in Groovy, metaprogramming, and choosing a language. You’ll learn when Groovy is a great choice, and when it’s not. Venkat shares how to use builders to relieve the tedium of XML processing, explains why metaprogramming is so hard in Java, and why type-safety isn’t what you think. Finally, Venkat explains how programming is a lot like a chainsaw.
Now available at pragprog.com/podcasts and on iTunes.
Coming up Next:
- Using MemCacheD
- Desktop GIS: Mapping the Planet with Open Source
- Web Design Techniques for Programmers
- Advanced Rails Recipes: 84 New Ways to Build Stunning Rails Apps
- Deploying Rails Applications: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Pragmatic Version Control using Git
- Hello, Android!