June 14, 2017
Did you know that Note on the Application Of Machinery to the Computation Of Astronomical And Mathematical Tables was published on this day in 1822 by Charles Babbage. Yes, the plans for the Difference Engine itself: an automated mechanical calculator, operated by a hand crank.
We can do better than hand-cranked, mis-matched web services.
If you bought the first edition directly from pragprog.com, you'll find a 20% coupon in your account for the ebooks of this revised and greatly expanded edition.
If not, come and get it from pragprog.com/book/jwnode2 and use Node.js the right way.
Now in beta from pragprog.com/book/jwnode2.
Upcoming Author Appearances
Open Source Bridge, Portland, OR
DC Full Stack Conference
International Conference on Computational Social Science, Cologne, Germany
That Conference, Wisconsin Dells, WI
360|iDev, Denver, CO
360iDev, Denver, CO
Did you know we have audio books for your listening pleasure?
- Fire in the Valley: The Birth and Death of the Personal Computer
- The Healthy Programmer: Get Fit, Feel Better, and Keep Coding
- The Agile Samurai: How Agile Masters Deliver Great Software
- The Developer's Code: What Real Programmers Do
- Pomodoro Technique Illustrated: The Easy Way to Do More in Less Time
Don't Get Left Out
Are your friends jealous that you get these spiffy email newsletters and they don't? Clue them in that all they need to do is create an account on pragprog.com (email address and password is all it takes) and select the checkbox to receive newsletters.
Are you following us on Twitter and/or Facebook? Here's where you can find us and keep up with the latest news and commentary, and occasional discounts:
Tell your friends! Tweet this
Follow us on Twitter:
pragprog</a>, <a href="http://twitter.com/pragpub">pragpub, Andy Hunt @PragmaticAndy.
- Rails, Angular, Postgres, and Bootstrap, Second Edition
- Scalable Cloud Ops with Fugue (in print)
- Seven Databases in Seven Weeks, Second Edition
- Mastering Ruby Closures (in print)
- Create Your Successful Agile Project: Collaborate, Measure, Estimate, Deliver
- Learn Functional Programming with Elixir: New Foundations for a New World
- Programming Clojure, Third Edition
- Domain Modeling Made Functional
- Python Testing with pytest
- Functional Programming: A PragPub Anthology
Thanks for your continued support,
Publisher, Pragmatic Bookshelf
Books • eBooks • PragPub Magazine • Audiobooks and Screencasts