The Agile Samurai now in print and shipping. Kick some software butt!
September 15, 2010
Here are three simple truths about software development:
1. You can’t gather all the requirements up front. 2. The requirements you do gather will change. 3. There is always more to do than time and money will allow.
Those are the facts of life. But you can deal with those facts (and more) by becoming a fierce software-delivery professional, capable of dispatching the most dire of software projects and the toughest delivery schedules with ease and grace. You can become an Agile Samurai. Now in print and shipping from pragprog.com/titles/jtrap.
Tell your friends! Tweet this
The Agile Samurai: How Agile Masters Deliver Great Software
Get ready to kick some software project butt! By learning the ways of the agile samurai you will discover:
- how to create plans and schedules your customer and your team can believe in
- what characteristics make a good agile team and how to form your own
- how to gather requirements in a fraction of the time using agile user stories
- what to do when you discover your schedule is wrong, and how to look like a pro correcting it
- how to execute fiercely by leveraging the power of agile software engineering practices
By the end of this book you will know everything you need to set up, execute, and successfully deliver agile projects—and have fun along the way.
Check out the sample chapters online at pragprog.com/titles/jtrap.
If you’re a project lead, this book gives you the tools to set up and lead your agile project from start to finish. If you are an analyst, programmer, tester, usability designer, or project manager, this book gives you the insight and foundation necessary to become a valuable agile team member.
The Agile Samurai slices away the fluff and theory that make other books less-than-agile. It’s packed with best practices, war stories, plenty of humor and hands-on tutorial exercises that will get you doing the right things, the right way.
This book will make a difference.
Available now in print and shipping, and in PDF, epub, and mobi formats from pragprog.com/titles/jtrap.
- iPad Programming: A Quick-Start Guide for iPhone Developers in print
- The RSpec Book: Behaviour Driven Development with RSpec, Cucumber, and Friends in print. Updated for Rails 3 and RSpec 2
- Continuous Testing with Ruby
- Agile in a Flash
Thanks for your continued support,
Dave & Andy
Books * eBooks * Screencasts * PragPub Magazine