Most of our titles are available in PDF, epub, and mobi formats—epub support for the iPad, iPhone/iPod Touch, Sony 505/700, and other ebook readers, and mobi support for devices such as Amazon’s Kindle.
- Buy the eBook, and you’ll get all the electronic formats we have for that particular book bundled in—read the PDF on your desktop, and the Kindle or iPhone/Touch versions on the train, while waiting, or any available free time.
- All our electronic formats are DRM free.
- If we update a book, the content will get updated in all formats.
You can read our ebooks on your desktop or laptop. You can also get them onto your ereader (including smartphones) by transferring them via your computer, by having us put the books into your Dropbox, or (if you have a Kindle device) by having us send them to your device over WiFi.
Where to Start
- Do you want to download the PDF? Then you will want to read our PDF Experience
- Do you have an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch? Then you’ll want the iDevice How To
- Do you have an android device? Then you’ll want the Android How To
- Kindle owners will want to know how to put our content onto a Kindle
- Do you have a device that isn’t one of the above? Don’t despair, we have you covered. Reading eBooks on an eBook Reader
- For technical reasons, some books will never be available in mobi or epub formats—those we don’t own, and those that were our earliest books (Programming Ruby, 2nd edition).
- The formatting of the eBooks is very different to that in paper books. The capabilities of these devices are still evolving, and in the meantime there are some elements from the original books that may not be formatted correctly, or that may not appear at all. We do our best to work around this, but there’s only so much we can do. For example, the first edition Kindle has no support for code font or tables. If you encounter this, feel free to send an email to email@example.com so we are aware. We are usually happy to take a look to see if it is fixable on our end. Send us the device, O/S, book, file type being used, and problem encountered. Also include how you got the book on the device.
- Ebooks sold on our site are available in multiple formats and are updated when the author makes corrections or enhancements. If you buy a paper book from a retail chain, there are instructions in the back to upgrade to an ebook combo pack from us at a reduced price. However, when our ebooks are purchased from retail channels (not directly from us), there is no upgrade available. Also, retail ebooks may not be updated in a timely manner depending on the policies of the retail store. If you purchase our books from some other store, you are subject to their policies, not ours.