16 January 2019
- Added Chapter 6, The Shell and Environment.
- Added Chapter 9, Automation.
reset explanations to Chapter 1, Getting Your Feet Wet.
- Added section on GUI clipboards in Chapter 5, Streams of Text, and updated Advanced Processing with to include clearer examples based on feedback from reviewers.
- Added information on IPv6 and CIDR to Getting Your Connection Information.
- Cleared all outstanding errata.
26 November 2018
- Added Chapter 3, Navigating the File System.
- Clarified terminals and shells in Chapter 1, Getting Your Feet Wet.
- Fixed formatting issues in Chapter 8, Networking Tools, and clarified some output that was hard to read.
- Updated the section on the file command to include the stat command as well, and renamed it to Getting More Information about File System Objects.
- Replaced figures in Managing File and Directory Permissions, and fixed several issues where permissions needed better explanations or were incorrectly explained.
- Fixed open errata.