03 January 2018
- Atoms and variable names may now include any UTF-8 letters, digits, and combining marks, subject to the constraint that they must start with a letter or underscore.
- Regular expressions no longer support the
- Mention the data and time functions added in 1.5, along with the Date::Range module.
- Clarified the scoping rules to show that the values bound to variables in block contexts are not available outside those contexts.
- Rewrote the section on implementing
- Some examples in the Enumeration chapter have been updated with the new inspect format for streams.
- Some minor structural changes in the chapter on writing the GitHub issues fetcher.
- Added a section on the breakpoint facility to the Tooling chapter.
- Switch to using StreamData for property-based testing.
- Added a new section on the code formatter.
- Added a section on my preferred way to split code out when writing components.
- The OTP section has been radically revised. The server chapter uses the new-style layout, and the supervisor chapter uses the new implicir child specifications. I’ve added a new chapter where we build a more complex application with a variety of server types and nested supervisors. I also use DyanmicSupervisor rather that
- I now build releases using Distillery and not exrm.
- Added section on
@impl to Behaviours.
- Rewrote most of the Protocols chapter, replacing the somewhat suspect Bitmap example with a module to dissect a Midi stream.
slice/1 to the description of
- Updated the Type Specifications appendix to use the dialyxr mix tasks.