08 November 2019
- The last chapter is in! Check out Chapter 20, Into the Deep.
16 October 2019
- Added a new chapter that takes a glance at modern deep learning architectures: Chapter 19, Beyond Vanilla Networks.
17 September 2019
- Added a more detailed explanation of a classifier’s model function: What Happened to the Model Function?
- Cleaned up explanations and fixed inaccuracies throughout.
21 August 2019
- Added a new chapter about domesticating those wild deep networks: Chapter 18, Taming Deep Networks.
- Added a few more definitions in Appendix 2, The Words of Machine Learning.
24 July 2019
- Your final confrontation with overfitting awaits you in the new chapter: Chapter 17, Defeating Overfitting.
- Formulae are nicer, bigger, and better-aligned.
10 July 2019
- Let’s start talking about deep learning! Check out the first chapter of Part III: Chapter 16, A Deeper Kind of Network.
- Fixed a few errata and a few problems in the code throughout the book.
05 June 2019
- Added the closing chapter of Part II: Chapter 15, Let’s Do Development.
- Added a few definitions to Appendix 2, The Words of Machine Learning.
- Fixed figures across the book. Now they’re more readable, especially on smaller screens and on black and white devices.
- Fixed more errata.
15 May 2019
- I added a new chapter about testing: Chapter 14, The Zen of Testing.
- The first chapter was missing an important concept. I added a new section to explain the fundamental idea of supervised learning. See The Math Behind the Magic.
- I revised Chapter 2, Your First Learning Program. Now it has more (and more readable) images, and cleaner explanations.
01 May 2019
- Added a new chapter that covers some essential training techniques: Chapter 13, Batchin’ Up.
- Added a new appendix that you can use as reference whenever you forget a term: Appendix 2, The Words of Machine Learning.
- Fixed quite a few errata, unclear statements, and factual errors. Keep
those errata coming!
- The high-level introduction in About This Book needed a picture. Now it has it.
10 April 2019
- We have a new chapter! I added Chapter 12, How Classifiers Work.
- Fixed errata throughout. Thank you to everybody who reported them.
- Those original “Hands On” boxes were sticking out. I rolled them into the main text.