The latest version of the book is P1.0, released almost 8 years ago. If you've bought a PDF of the book and would like to upgrade it to this version (for free), visit your home page.
By default this page displays the errata for the latest version of the book. If you have a previous version, select it here:
If you've found a new error, please submit it.
- Reported in: P1.0 (14-Jul-09)
PDF page: 43
P.S. Apparently my first submission was refused because of hyperlinks. Sorry if this is a duplicate. I'll substitute other characters.
Technical error(s) or ID10T error(s), dunno which. ;-) I know squat about Java...
1. Page 43 (or 38 at the top of the page. What's the advantage of unsynchronized page numbers in PDFs?) re: xqueryexamples.zip, "See the included README files for more information." What README files? Going two levels deep I see nothing but folders, *.css & *.xqy.
2. What zip file(s) are needed? "xqueryexamples.zip" isn't linked to from this page,
but "xquery-code.zip" is.
3. I have tried both .zip files unzipped separately and together to "C:=Program Files=eXist=webapp" and I get a Load button at "http:==localhost:8080=exist=pragmatic=exist=default.xqy" I click it and get a page that seems to indicate success, but clicking "Back to menu" just shows the page with the Load button. Pressing F5 repeatedly does nothing, nor does restarting eXist.
I downloaded and installed these files.
Feel free to contact me at mjerde at idtp dot com--Mark Jerde
- Reported in: P1.0 (12-Nov-09)
PDF page: 48
"let $foo := 0" should be "let $counter := 0"--Ad Roodhuijzen