- Object Pascal / Delphi – Pascal was originally a learning language. Turbo Pascal is an important part of programming history. Further, Anders Hejlsberg led the language development of Delphi and then went on to create C# which, despite being very different from Delphi was heavily influenced by it.
- Haskell – Pure & Lazy functional programming language which has directly and indirectly influenced many languages. As opposed to imperative languages, functional languages require a paradigm shift in thinking and hence will influence the way we code in our current/favorite language. Features like STM, statelessness, Monads and many others make it a must learn programming language, especially with multi-cores on the rise.
- Groovy – A powerful dynamic language for the JVM. It has the lowest barrier to entry for the millions of existing Java developers and acts as a gateway to other dynamic and functional languages, in that it opens peoples eyes to this new world of alternative languages. If I hadn’t learned Groovy, I wouldn’t be trying to learn Clojure now.
How does this page differ from SevenLanguagesPlusMore ?
- V64: Thi Teu [over 2 years ago]
- V58: Brian Adkins [about 6 years ago]
- V57: Alex Varin [about 6 years ago]
- V56: John Donoghue [over 6 years ago]
- V55: Bruce Tate [over 6 years ago]
- V54: Stephen Paul De Gabrielle [over 6 years ago]
- V53: ラッコ [over 6 years ago]
- V52: Frederick C. Lee [over 6 years ago]
- V51: Stephen Paul De Gabrielle [over 6 years ago]
- V50: Martin Dengler [over 6 years ago]