- Object Pascal / Delphi – Pascal was originally a learning language. Turbo Pascal is an important part of programming history. Further, Anders Hejlsberg led the language development of Delphi and then went on to create C# which, despite being very different from Delphi was heavily influenced by it.
- Haskell – Pure & Lazy functional programming language which has directly and indirectly influenced many languages. As opposed to imperative languages, functional languages require a paradigm shift in thinking and hence will influence the way we code in our current/favorite language. Features like STM, statelessness, Monads and many others make it a must learn programming language, especially with multi-cores on the rise.
- Groovy – Object-oriented language alternative for Java platform, Java-like syntax, dynamically compiles to JVM bytecode.
How does this page differ from SevenLanguagesPlusMore ?
- V64: Thi Teu [about 4 years ago]
- V58: Brian Adkins [over 7 years ago]
- V57: Alex Varin [over 7 years ago]
- V56: John Donoghue [almost 8 years ago]
- V55: Bruce Tate [almost 8 years ago]
- V54: Stephen Paul De Gabrielle [almost 8 years ago]
- V53: ラッコ [almost 8 years ago]
- V52: Frederick C. Lee [almost 8 years ago]
- V51: Stephen Paul De Gabrielle [almost 8 years ago]
- V50: Martin Dengler [almost 8 years ago]