This collection of essays covers a wide range of issues facing software developers today. In this book, you’ll find a treasure trove of pragmatic advice to improve the effectiveness of your development efforts.
You’ll find essays on testing, controlling a project, the creation of domain specific languages, issues of build and deploy, programming languages, techniques for software development, and more!
Out of Print
This book is currently out of print.
About this Book
- 240 pages
- Release: P1.0 (2008-03-17)
- ISBN: 978-1-93435-614-2
ThoughtWorks is a well-known global consulting firm; ThoughtWorkers are leaders in areas of design, architecture, SOA, testing, and agile methodologies. This collection of essays brings together contributions from well-known ThoughtWorkers such as Martin Fowler, along with other authors you may not know yet.
While ThoughtWorks is perhaps best known for their work in the Agile community, this anthology confronts issues throughout the software development life cycle. From technology issues that transcend methodology, to issues of realizing business value from applications, you’ll find it here.
Contents and Extracts
- Solving the Business Software ``Last Mile’‘
- One Lair and Twenty Ruby DSLs
- The Lush Landscape of Languages
- Polyglot Programming
- Object Calisthenics
- What Is an Iteration Manager Anyway?
- Project Vital Signs
- Consumer-Driven Contracts: A Service Evolution Pattern
- Domain Annotations
- Refactoring Ant Build Files
- Single-Click Software Release
- Agile vs. Waterfall Testing for Enterprise Web Apps
- Pragmatic Performance Testing