See how to use the powerful Qt3 library to create cross-platform GUI applications for Linux and OS X in Ruby.
Out of Print
This book is currently out of print.
About this Book
- 83 pages
- Release: P1.4 (2006-11-11)
- ISBN: friday
Covers installation, basic and advanced programming, event models, and Korundum.
Contents and Extracts
- About Qt. History, versions, installing, testing your installation. About QtRuby. Language bindings, SMOKE, installing.
- Get Your Feet Wet. Writing your first program, widgets and the object model, initialization, Qt::Application.
- Take the Plunge. Custom Widgets, geometry and layouts, signals and slots, slot senders. Read an extract
- Sink or Swim. Events methods and filters, the Main event, the event loop, posting and sending.
- The Home Stretch. Qt modules, QtRuby tools, tighter Ruby integration, disposing of widgets, debugging QtRuby applications.
- Korundum. Installing, DCOP, interprocess communication.
- Appendices. Event Method Map, Resources.