By professional developers for professional developers.
- Coming Soon!
- Audio Books
- Beta Books
- Career Development
- Command Line
- Cool Things for Smart People
- Elixir, Phoenix, and OTP
- For Beginners
- iOS and Android
- Java and JVM Languages
- New Releases
- Personal Productivity
- Pragmatic exPress
- Project Management
- Ruby and Rails
- Seven in Seven
- Technical Practices
- Testing, Design, and Cloud Computing
- Tools, Frameworks, Languages
- Web 2.0+
Small, Sharp, Software Tools
Harness the Combinatoric Power of Command-Line Tools and Utilities
Master the command line to improve and optimize your software development experience.
The Pragmatic Programmer
Andy and Dave wrote this seminal, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost twenty years later, its advice is still spot on, and the Pragmatic philosophy has spawned hundreds of our books, screencasts, audio books, and success stories. We’re here to help you get on top of your game.
Tip of the Day
Abstractions Live Longer than Details. Invest in the abstraction, not the implementation. Abstractions can survive the barrage of changes from different implementations and new technologies.
Fresh Off the Press
- Small, Sharp, Software Tools: Harness the Combinatoric Power of Command-Line Tools and Utilities, in beta, November PragPub Magazine
- Web Development with ReasonML, in beta
- Programming Kotlin: Create Elegant, Expressive, and Performant JVM and Android Applications, in beta
- Forge Your Future with Open Source: Build Your Skills. Build Your Network. Build the Future of Technology, in print
- Programming Crystal, in beta
- The Ray Tracer Challenge: A Test-Driven Guide to Your First 3D Renderer, in beta
- Swift Style, Second Edition, in beta
- Genetic Algorithms and Machine Learning; also August PragPub
- Christmas in July! Save 40% on pragprog.com
- Code with the Wisdom of the Crowd: Get Better Together with Mob Programming, in print